I am still tempted to say "11 months" when people ask me how old Z is. "One" just doesn't seem like the right answer yet... But its true, he has officially moved out of babyhood and into toddlerhood.
And he's making it even more official, by actually toddling around. He took his first steps on his own just a few short weeks ago, and although I thought he would take his time, he's embraced his new skill and the freedom that comes along with it. It still amazes me to see him walking around by himself. He is so excited and proud of himself... and I am too!
It seems as though he has a new trick up his sleeve every day... whether its mastering a new sign that I've taught him (or he has made up), adding a new word to his vocabulary, mastering stacking blocks, or working on a new dance move, he is getting more and more fun to play with all the time.
Celebrating little man's first birthday was more than just a smash cake and presents. It was a celebration of 366 days of first time motherhood, of waking up every morning knowing that someone else in the world completely relied on me and trusted me to meet all of his needs and give him every ounce of love that I possess, and of realizing how much pure happiness that can bring to a person. I am so lucky, and proud, to be Z's mama, and I am reminded of that every time I see that beautiful face and toothless smile.
No comments:
Post a Comment