This seemed an appropriate title since it is currently one of my future Star Search winner's favorite songs. Except he can't always remember all the words, so its more like "on it harm had a cow, e-i-e-i-harm, with moooo here and moooo here, mooo here mooo on it harm, e-i-e-i harm". Harm = farm. He started realizing that he doesn't always get it right, so he'll get halfway through a song and stop, laugh at himself saying "that's not right!", and then say "sing with me, mommy!". Mommy always remembers the words, or at least can pass it off like she does. My favorite is when he starts singing the ABC's and ends up singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.
But I digress.... the real reason for this post is to admit my deep dark secret. No one who knows me well would ever use the words "anal" or "organized" to describe me, but I have found one way that I tend to surprise myself. I don't mind if there are toys strewn across the house for a few days at a time, but I do prefer that they are all put away. And not just contained in the playroom or bedroom, but.... organized, in their own bin or basket with other similar toys! I would rather have them be out and messy than put away the wrong way. Weird, I know. And more strangely, I want them to be accounted for.
Which leads me to "where a moo". One thing that I do NEED to have done every day is for all of the puzzles to be put together, stacked and put away on the puzzle shelves. And something is driving me crazy. We are missing a cow. One small wooden cow that belongs in a farm animal puzzle. Its been missing for months, and during that time I have made at least 50 rounds looking for it - in all the toy bins, couch cushions, under beds, in diaper bags, garage and cabinets and all of the best hiding places, and its no where to be found. Yet I keep looking. I've moved the couches at least 3 times even though I know its not under there. What do I care, its ONE puzzle piece... ONE stupid cow!? I am tempted to look on eBay to try to find someone who lost their puzzle but happen to have a leftover cow, but who is crazy enough, besides me, to even think one cow would even matter?
Is this a normal parent tendency, and its just new to me? Or am I really crazy? I have no idea why it is bothering me so much, but I hope this strange, unfamiliar behavior does not worsen over time. I started out crazy enough, I don't need to develop any other weird quirks. I don't want to be the mom that kids wish would develop agoraphobia before elementary school.
1 comment:
ok, you are crazy...or you have too much free time (which I know is not the case). I had an instance though where I brought Mason home that really expensive pottery barn vacuums and 2 days later the dust buster portion went missing. I obsessed over that damn thing and never did find it. About a week later, mason walks out from wherever with it. Apparently he had put it in a safe place....it still bothers me to this day wondering where it was because I SEARCHED THE HOUSE OVER.
Post a Comment