I could write every day and still not capture all of the funny little things that happen. I'm sure every mom feels that way about their kid (and not so much about other people's) and since this blog is mainly for me, I plan on using it more in the future for these little every-day type of stories (this is sort of intended as a warning).
In the meantime, I've missed documenting so much, I don't know if I should even try. Do I talk about adventures in potty training? Or why blankets in the dryer must be bundled up in a ball? Or maybe about new big-boy underwear that were too scary to wear because the lizards on them might bite? Ha, that was a funny one.
Or I could jump ahead to tonight when, in preparation for bedtime, I had stripped little man down to just his socks, at which time he decided it was imperative that we get his shark out of the car and bolted out the open front door. He got about halfway down the sidewalk before I caught up to him, but not before he yelled out "HI!" to a family trying to take a nice leisurely (and assuming nudity-free) walk on the beautiful evening that it was..... Modesty is not one my little exhibitionist has added to his arsenal of phases quite yet.
I heard the family getting a chuckle out of the whole scene, which was a relief. And a far cry from the women sitting next to us at dinner tonight who literally held her hands over her ears during our meal... more than once. Clearly not all of his behavior is chuckle-worthy.
No comments:
Post a Comment