Saturday, October 3, 2009

Welcome, Fall

Fall Equinox was cleverly disguised as 90+ degree weather this year, but nevertheless we rang it in properly, with a day at Apple Hill with a group of friends.

Having a kid has really allowed me to experience things I underestimated in the past.... though this wasn't my first time to Apple Hill, it was my first time really experiencing it the way it should be. Its definitely being promoted to a fall tradition!

In consideration for Johnny Appleseed's birthday, we made a point to stop by all of the farms that had festivities going on. The kids got to take a cooking class (and bring home delicious pie-crust cookies), pet an emu, roll down grassy hills, decorate (and eat, of course) chocolate lollipops and check out all of the cool handcrafted toy vendors. I found some amazing wooden toys that Z could have played with all day, which went directly on his Santa wish-list. :)

He also got into a little fight with one of the little girls (R) who was with us. They were both playing with a string, of all things....

Z: Can I have a turn now?

R: No, this is just for girls.

Z: Its not just for girls, its for kids!

R: No, its just for girls, not for boys.

Z: It IS for boys!

R: NO, GIRLS!

Z: NO, BOYS!

And so on.... it was hilarious to watch R, all sassy with her hands on her hips, and Z, this arms crossed over his chest, stomping around and scowling. A little glimpse... :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should also try out Bishops Pumpkin Farm in Wheatland. It is another great place to take kids for a fall experience. (Okay, the big kids like it too! lol) Sounds like you had fun! I missed you guys in Kindermusik class this week, and can't wait until I feel better and get to come back!