Just a cute story... one morning I was slow to get out of bed so Z came over and decided I must be sick. He deemed himself the Dr. and gave me some pretend medicine. "This should make you feel better, mom" (except when he pretends to be someone other than Z, he calls me by my first name).
When I didn't jump up right away he says "Hmm, I think you're still a little bit patient". Apparently he figured I still needed to be under his care.
"Let me find my escalator...." he says. This, I wasn't so sure about. Did he mean thermometer? He explained hismelf soon enough.
"I think its your foot. I need my escalator to take a picture of your bones". HA! X-ray, escalator, same diff.
In the end, a bandaid and, in the spirit of good bedside manner, a hug, made mommy all better.
Ironically, two days later I actually broke my toe and now it seems Z's foot has a magnetic attraction to my broken toe which has made me slightly less "patient", however I seem to be healing fine despite the occasional re-injury. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment