| Z pointing out where we were... Hawaii!! |
Specifying the year on my title, hoping there will be O'ahu 201?...
Thanks to the generosity of some amazing friends, Z and I were able to take a family vacation in February - one we will never forget!
| View from our room |
We spent time on so many beaches throughout our stay, and were lucky enough to catch the sunsets most of the time. I felt like I had stepped into a postcard every day.
We met lots of people, went to a luau, got tribal tattoos, had a drum lesson, and saw and a cool fire show at this cultural center.
Our days were busy, but we found lots of time to relax, too. It was great not having a set plan and being able to pull to the side of the road and go swimming or build sand castles on whatever beach we found...
We really liked the North Shore, and if we go back we'll definitely be spending more time there!
Ever since I can remember, Z has told me that he wants to swim in the ocean with dolphins so when we planned our trip, I knew we'd have to find a wild dolphin excursion. And we did!
The night before we were supposed to leave was one of the best and most beautiful days (and sunsets) and it was so sad knowing we had to leave. But we enjoyed every minute of it, then went out for dinner on the North Shore. Then I got online trying to find out how we could stay a few more days. :)
Even though there was a lot we still wanted to do, we had done so much already! Snorkling, jungle tours, cultural centers, driven around the whole island, shopping, lots of great great food, rain forest, sand castles, swimming.... We were having so much fun.
Turns out we did go home the next day, with about 700 photos in my camera card, a few souveniers, and lots of amazing memories. And a promise that we'd go back as soon as humanly possible.
Best of all, it was a time for Z and Mama to hang out together where we had no pressures, no responsibilities, no worries. Just me and my super boy relaxin' and makin' memories.
Best.Time.Ever.

No comments:
Post a Comment