Friday, November 28, 2008

Tank yew

If you asked my little munchkin what he was thankful for, he would likely answer "tank yew", but if he could list out the things he was most thankful for, I think it would look something like this: his mama, his grandma, his Auntie V, Elmo/Sesame Street, yogurt, bananas, his binkie and blanket, dirt, and all animals everywhere. Gotta love how simple life is when you're under 3 feet tall.

We had a really nice Thanksgiving this year. My mom made an amazing (as usual) meal, and we spent the day together as a family. Talking, eating, and not much else. It was wonderful and I am very thankful that we are able to spend this time together every year. Our tradition may not be extravegant, but its lovely all the same.

Last year, little man broke out in hives after eating a tiny bit of pumpkin pie and I (internally frantic) sought out a drugstore open at 8pm on the holiday for benadryl. I'm convinced it was an intolerance to a spice that he's since grown out of, but this year I brought the benadryl along just in case. And, to be even safer, shared a slice of pumpkin pie with the kid along with our breakfast that morning. :D I'd say he's pretty thankful for pumpkin pie this year, too, since he asks for it every time he sees the box in the fridge.

I have so many blessings in my life that there is not enough time or blog space to write them all out. I am always thankful for them, but I also really enjoy a day set aside especially to recognize them, be thankful again. I am especially grateful for the love that we are surrounded by that makes me feel like no matter what challenges we come across, we will make it through, never alone. Thank you to all of you who deserve our gratitude - we love you back!

No comments: