![]() |
| From 18 - 24 mo |
Fall is here and I have gotten just a taste of what the rest of this year's holidays have in store, from a different perspective... one that's just shy of 3 feet tall. So far, I'm loving it and I can't wait for the rest of them, but talk to me in another month when my Christmas tree has been knocked over the the hundredth time and maybe you'll get another story. ;)
We started off the beginning of the month at a nearby Harvest Festival where we got to see ginormous pumpkins being hallowed out to be used as boats, a pumpkin carving demonstration, and my little Jr. Doolittle's favorite - the petting zoo and pony rides.
![]() |
| From 18 - 24 mo |
The weekend before Halloween, I took my little pumpkin to pick out some pumpkins of his own at a local pumpkin patch. Right off, he saw the horses, and there was no getting out of belting him on a saddle and letting him take a ride. Unlike the pony rides he took earlier in the month, these were real (big) horses that were led by a guide in a small path around the farm. He has no qualms about sitting on such a large beast, and if it weren't for the other animals (a great distraction) on the way to the pumpkins, I'm not sure if we would have gotten out of there without another $7 ride.
He did a great job picking out pumpkins, and if rolling around in the dirt and hay was any indication of a good time, I'd say he had a blast.
![]() |
| From 18 - 24 mo |
The following week we left for a short vacation to visit some friends, and got back just in time for Halloween. I packed up my little monkey and met some friends at a Boo at the Zoo event. We had a lot of fun, but were both pretty exhausted from a full day of traveling the day before so we had just enough time for one last trick-or-treat pit stop so grandma could see Super Z in his costume. Though he didn't totally "get" the whole concept of trick-or-treating (since he's still not made the candy connection which is partly by design), he had fun running like wild animals with his friend and checking out all of the cool creepy stuff the zoo had set up.
![]() |
| From 18 - 24 mo |
I just want to hold on to this time.... my baby is growing up so fast. He's big enough to take trick or treating, but young enough that its all about the fun and not the candy. He let me dress him up, but didn't insist on a particular costume or character. I got to squeeze him tight when we came upon some spooky stuff and still was able to make him giggle. He had fun playing games and had no clue that he wasn't winning. You know, the perspective from down here isn't bad... not bad at all!




No comments:
Post a Comment