Sunday, March 22, 2009

Mommy Bad

I may be going to hell for this one.

The other night we were at the house of a friend for a birthday celebration. There were lots of other kids around, but mine seemed to be content sticking close by my side. It was sufficiently past little man's bedtime that we decided to head home. We stepped on the back patio and closed the screen door behind us as we said goodbye.

Apparently during the few minutes we chatted with people, little man forgot the screen door was closed. We turned to go back into the house and Kamikaze ran full force - THUNK - the sound his head made as it made contact with the door. The force of the impact threw him back, on his bottom. It was like a cartoon the way it happened, and.....

I laughed! I mean, I burst out laughing to see my toddler run into a door, thinking it was open, and fall down! I'm so going to hell.

I mean, I could tell right away that he was fine - he didn't even pretend cry or demand that I "kiss it!", so I knew he not only wasn't hurt, but was also not upset that it happened. I never would have laughed if he was injured, I swear.

I suppose part of it is that I've become somewhat desensitized to him falling down, and part of it is that I've conditioned myself to NOT freak when he does. And part of it is that I'm slightly twisted.

2 comments:

Rick Sellers said...

OK - that's golden!

Suzz said...

Okay Sweetie,
Give me more. I check it every morning and I need new stuff.
Love you
Mean it