Friday, April 23, 2010

Oceans

Its opening weekend for Disney's "Oceans" movie, and in honor of Earth Day (week) we went to see it. Actually, we just wanted to see it. However I did realize that we saw Disney's "Earth" movie last year on opening weekend of Earth Day week. I suppose its inadvertently become a tradition, and seeing how next year's movie is "Big Cats" I certainly won't be surprised to find ourselves there around the same time.

It was actually a great movie. Luckily the theater wasn't crowded because every new frame brought forth a great big gasp and "What's THAT?!" from my future biologist. It truly was breathtaking so I couldn't fault the little guy, though I did encourage him about a hundred times, in vain, to whisper.

The entire way home he told an incredible story that appeared to be a hybrid of an oceanic tale and a familiar story of a cat and dog duo on a mission to find their way home. Oh yeah, we started off the day watching Milo&Otis for about the 30th time since Easter. I really wish I had been able to write down his story. He's become quite the story teller lately, putting together fun stories with his typical animation which is quite genuinely entertaining.

No comments: