Today I took my perfectly healthy 3 year old to the pediatrician's office to learn that he is, well, perfectly healthy.
He'd been feeling poorly over the weekend and the biggest crab on the beach, but by Monday he was feeling better. He just didn't LOOK better... dark circles under his eyes and a chronic "I need a nap" look all over his face. He had a lingering cough that had me a little worried, too. It was a holiday so we stayed home and rested for most of the day. Tuesday I sent him to daycare but I felt bad about it. I hadn't called the doctor but I knew if I did, with his symptoms, they'd probably want to see him. Tuesday night he coughed so hard he threw up. :(
So today I brought him in. No fever, no symptoms except a little left-over coughing. Nothing was wrong with him! Except, he's been spoiled a bit - starting with some friends coming in from out of town to visit, then with Grandpa being in the hospital (he's home and fine now!), then with feeling under-the-weather.... a few bad habits were developed that need to be broken ASAP! But physically, he was good. :)
The doctor was happy to see him and be able to confirm he had no strep or infection going on, but Z was in such good spirits and kept insisting he was fine that I felt a little silly and first-time-momish.
Still, I'm glad I brought him in.... I will gladly fork over the co-pay to get the peace of mind I had when I dropped him off and went to work. And I always like a good reminder to count my blessings for having a perfectly healthy child!
No comments:
Post a Comment