Monday, July 5, 2010

Squishy Fun

I owe so many blog posts, its not even funny! We are home relaxing today, enjoying a day off after a very crazy and hectic couple of weeks.

In an effort to keep the TV off, but while not feeling like pulling out a project that requires glue or glitter, I decided to make this awesome play dough recipe. I've wanted to make home-made play dough forever, and now that I realize how simple it is I'll be making it more. [insert link doesn't seem to be working, so here's the recipe - http://www.skiptomylou.org/2010/06/03/homemade-playdough-from-homemade-by-jill/ ]

I separated the dough into four sections and brightly colored each one with food dye. I envisioned storing each ball in its original color in little containers... it took little man about 7 seconds to stack each color on top of another and squish it all together into a big pile, forever meshing all four colors together. Then he proceeded to make "rainbow cookies" for everyone. Just think, without my creative little fish I'd be making plain ol' one-color cookies... no fun at all! And now I just need one place to store our new, fabulous tie-dye play-dough

1 comment:

Rick Sellers said...

I remember the home-made play dough we had as kids... fun stuff! Except, well this is totally my parents' fault, we had shag carpet in the house and we'd often get the dough in the carpet much to the dismay of the folks at home. Like I said though, totally their fault.