Halfway through the soccer session, he started a four week T-ball camp also (once a week). He jumped right in to this class with enthusiasm. He really liked running the bases most of all and let me tell you, seeing a group of 3 year-olds racing around a mini baseball field is pretty much the cutest thing ever! I can say here, too, he improved from week to week, but the hand-eye coordination of hitting that ball did not come easy and I know he will enjoy getting some more practice.
While Z had a great time at both camps, he's talked about tee-ball way more and even went through a phase of wanting to bring his glove and ball everywhere we went. Once we get back from our summer vacation, I'll be signing him up for another session. I love that our parks & rec department offers the tot classes so kids can have fun learning before they go into a team league.
While we were on this sports kick, I broke down and bought Z a basketball hoop for the backyard too. That was fun for both of us, until one of the dogs got hold of both basketballs and deflated them.
I know I definitely have the arts/crafts/music/imagination/creativity/free play stuff down pretty well and we love to run and play at the park and spend time outdoors playing and hiking and stuff, but I'm definitely not the expert in the organized sports area. I want to make sure Z has exposure to all kinds of activities, not limited by my own strengths and preferences. He may end up being more into art and music or more into sports, or he might love it all... but hopefully by giving him lots of experiences he will find his own passions and happiness, and teach his mama a few things while he's at it!
And some pics to share...

1 comment:
You have it all down.We other moms should take a lesson from you. I am so very proud of you.
Love you
Mean it
Post a Comment