Friday, February 19, 2010

Why Animals Are Awesome

Most people know by now, Z is an animal lover. He likes all kinds of toys and games, but if there is an animal in it or near it, its that much better. He sings songs in animal sounds. He makes up stories about animals. He talks about animals all day long. Animals are his passion.

Yesterday we were driving home and he asks me if I'm taking him to the zoo.

M: No, honey, we're going home.

Z: Aw, but MOM! You know I love the zoo animals!

M: Yes, I know, but tonight is not going to be a zoo animal night. We can go to the zoo another time.

Z: Aw, man! I really want to see the animals. I love them! They're so pretty, and cute... and SMART!

HA! That totally sounds like something Ms. T (daycare provider) would say. I cracked up at that comment, though. Not exactly how I'd describe the zoo creatures but I do dig that he associates that which he loves with that which is smart. ;)

No comments: