Happy New Year! Its 2011!!
While I spent New Years Eve dozing on the couch and put myself to bed well before the clock stuck midnight here, I have been contemplating what is to come in this new year. Rather than a single resolution (or list of them, for that matter), I like to carry with me a theme. And I can pretty much sum it up in a word, which I want to call Discipline. Maybe I'll think of a better (perhaps softer) word, later, but I'm going with Discipline for now.
I've talked on this blog about Discipline as a verb in terms of its role in parenthood, but this year I'm thinking of it as a noun. Something to have, rather than something to do (though I'm sure I'll be "doing" it plenty as well).
Discipline will have a role in how I treat my body and my self, how I handle my finances, manage my time, interact with my son, and through it I will be moved forward on my path and achieve things I have been putting on hold and letting get away for far too long.
When I named my son, one of the meanings of his name was Growth and Progression. I liked this and it felt right, because certainly becoming a mother was reason for growth and progression. And as a mother, I've been propelled further along than I'd ever allowed myself to travel. Now, I need a push to travel further, and to grow more. To get there, I need to carry with me the Discipline that growth requires. Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment