Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Being Sneaky

Its hilarious to watch a 3 year old try and sneak up on someone. As cautious as he can be on his tiptoes, he is so insanely delighted by the sneaking that he absolutely cannot stifle his giggles long enough to actually surprise someone. I love it. Usually.

My little guy also loves to tell secrets. He will sometimes tell me something about someone else, or about a surprise he wants to do for someone, and if they ask if he has a secret he says "Me? A secret? No! I didn't say anything! Were we telling a secret?! No, no, its nothing, don't be silly".

When I picked him up from preschool recently and ask him if he ate his lunch, he started giggling and said "Mommy, I sneaked on my teacher today!". He was literally cracking up and could barely answer me when I asked him what he was talking about. "I snuck on my teacher and ate my crackers before my main!". I love how he "sneaks" on his teacher and then tells on himself.

Tonight he asked if he could have the cookie he's been saving for a couple of days before dinner. Of course I told him he had to wait, and after a few rounds of futile pleading, he says "Not even if you walk ever there and don't see me sneak a little bite?!". Sorry kid, not even then, but kudos for trying.

No comments: