Z and I-Rose remind me a lot of myself and my cousin JJ - just a few months apart in age and even though we were a lot different, we were best friends. So I got a warm fuzzy feeling when, on Thanksgiving, I asked the kids what they were doing upstairs and I-Rose called down "I'm playing with my best friend, Z". Awwww... They were having a blast pulling a hurricane gig on our room.
I've really wanted to spend more with with I-Rose and give her and Z a chance to build a good cousin relationship, and I'm so glad that lately we've had those opportunities. I took them to ArtBeast (a fantastic kids art play studio that I am in love with) a couple of weeks ago while I was babysitting for my brother and was amazed at how well they play together.
One of the great things about the holidays is that we get to see more of each other as a family. I grew up with a whole bunch of cousins and have so many memories with them. Even though Z has just a few, I really want to give him a chance to have those types of memories and friendships with his cousins.
Plus, its the cutest thing in the world to see I-Rose and Z embrace with their miniature hugs and kisses, and watch them walk away hand-in-hand to go play together.
No comments:
Post a Comment