After standing in line patiently, my little elf was beside himself with joy. He loves all dressed up characters and this being the guy who might bring him the two things he wants most made it even more exciting.
"Hi Santa, I'm Z", as he climbs up on his lap. Santa asked him what he wanted for Christmas. "A puppy dog!", Z exlaims. Santa gives me a little smile. Z would have been happy to sit on his lap all day. Here he is, cheesin'...

For the past few weeks, when people ask him what he wants for Christmas its always the same. A puppy dog, and candy. The puppy dog was a newer development... at first, it was candy. "The chocolate kind". What about toys, I would ask him.... "yeah mom, chocolate toys". But now, its a resolute "a puppy dog and candy". So as we walked away from Santa, he reminded Z to get a candy cane. Z lit up like Snoopy's doghouse before they used the lights for Charlie's tree - "Oh, I forgot to say "candy", but Santa didn't forget, Mom!" and giggled as he picked out a "not-broken candy corn, ha, I mean candy cane".
Walking towards the exit proved to be interesting. The kiosks.... flying helecopters, race tracks with dinosaurs and volcanos, wooden airplanes and even the tupperware kiosk drew Z in. I got through all of that and held strong to my decision not to buy any more presents this year... but then we got to the Pillow-Pets. Z saw the penguin and could barely get his next sentence out he was so excited... "Mom, I need to tell Santa I don't want a puppy dog, I want this penguin!" and starts running back towards the line we just left. I scooped him up and explained that we would have to write Santa a letter tonight instead. :) My will was sapped and I secretly bought ONE last gift... how could I resist this kid?
No comments:
Post a Comment