Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Merry

Its close to 1am on Christmas morning and the excitement hopping around inside me is reminiscent of Christmas Eve's when I was a little girl.... there was no possible way I was going to be able to sleep while anticipating Santa's arrival at my house, until finally, miraculously I'd fall asleep for a few hours until my eyes burst open at daybreak and I ran into my brothers' room to find out if it was late enough to risk opening the door and collapsing the tower of cans our mom put in front of it to keep us quarantined.

But being the parent is even better. First off, I'm pretty sure I'll be able to sleep once I finally pour myself into bed. Second, no one is going to make me wait to get up and run to the Christmas tree. And most of all, I get to experience the magic of Christmas morning through 2 1/2 year old eyes belonging to my son.

I anticipated being so tired wrapping those last few gifts and putting the stockings together, but instead I was energized and joyful and probably looked like a big goof, all alone with a huge smile on my face. I keep wondering.... is this it? Will this be the first Christmas Z remembers? It may or may not be, but I know its one that I will never forget.

Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments: