Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The Forest Begins To Grow

So I have this vision of Mister Z's room in its final state...  a sort of enchanted forest, big tree, over-sized leaves, little forest animals peeking out everywhere.  So far, we have been no where close with the exception of the art that I bought from the auction at his preschool that is propped up on the bookshelf, still waiting to be hung....

But, we're one step closer!  Its been a couple of months, but I'm finally getting around to showing off little man's new bed.  It looks like a starry sky when you are laying down under the little tent, and he is so cozy with his new bedding and big boy mattress.  There's still work to be done, furniture to be moved, trees to be built, and pictures to be hung, but for now I'm just enjoying the fact that he's back to sleeping through the night (at least for the moment... fingers crossed!) and seems more rested...  He outgrew his toddler bed practically before I put him in it, but I didn't realize just HOW small it was for him until I saw how much more comfortable he was in this one.  Poor kid - he was reluctant to give up his old bed, but now he feels like a "prince of the forest" (his words).  Plus its super cute to see him stretching under the covers with a big smile saying "this is so CO-zy!". 

No comments: