Much of it I write here, but the funny thing is I started this post a few months ago but we got so Busy with our social calendar I never had the time to write about all the stuff we did! Irony, irony... ; )
Sleeping in, making breakfast (or not), reading, playing games, having quiet time to ourselves (or could I say giving quiet time to each other). We may decide to take a walk or swim or hang outside or go pick out a Kids Club snack from Whole Foods or see an impromptu movie, but gone (or on hold, most likely?) are the times of filling up our calendar with commitments each free day we had. Sure we still have birthday parties and events going on, but I'm not feeling the draw of trying to squeeze in every possible event anymore. Its been just as much fun to find bugs, laze away the mornings, dance to our favorite songs, or see what will come of scraps of paper, buttons and glue.
We are always going to be social people, and we always have an ongoing list of things we want to do, see, and experience, and we are very blessed to have wonderful friends and family we never tire of seeing. But lately, I've really been enjoying the occasional lull between plans and obligations, just to hang out with the comfort of Captain Fantastic and his wondrous imagination.

1 comment:
Good for you (both!) I never understood how you kept up with that jam packed calendar. Love our curly headed boys!
Post a Comment